Returns & Exchange
Love it or send it back
Online purchases can be returned for a full refund at our shop at 103 Orchard Street or by mail within 30 days of the purchase dat. If you wish to return a product more than 30 days after your purchase date, you will receive a store credit for your purchase. Unfortunately, shipping charges cannot be refunded. Purchases made in-store must be returned within 10 days of purchase date. All merchandise must be returned in its original packaging in sellable condition with the receipt or a copy of the receipt. We cannot accept returns on used, opened or special order items and we do not accept returns on international orders.
Return & Exchange Time Period
- 30 days for online purchases with original receipt or gift receipt
- 10 days for in-store purchases with original receipt or gift receipt
Items that cannot be returned
- Special order items (please note special orders cannot be cancelled once placed)
- Opened/used notebooks and writing utensils
- Opened/used dishware
- Any item that cannot be resold as new
Items returned without complete original packaging and/or proper shipping materials will be subject to up to a 20% restocking fee.
Any refused or undeliverable package(s) returned to us will be refunded the original purchase price less fee of $10 + 10% of the original purchase price. This is because we incur the return shipping costs from the carrier.
Returns by mail
- Email customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your order number, the item(s) you wish to return, and the reason for the return.
- Please ship your return via UPS, FedEx, or the postal service to the address below; please include your receipt or a copy of your receipt. We recommend you use a shipping service with proof of delivery or tracking options. The Tenement Museum is not responsible for lost or damaged returned packages.
- Please allow 14 days for us to receive process and refund any returns by mail. It may take up to two billing cycles for the credit to appear on your statement.
Mail Returns To:
Tenement Museum Shop
Attn: Shop Returns
103 Orchard Street
New York, New York 10002